The Marina provides all the necessary facilities for a pleasant stay for yacht passengers and a safe environment for the boats.
The Tourist Port (Marina) of Agios Nikolaos, situated at the island of Crete in the heart of the town of Agios Nikolaos providing easy access to the centre of town, is one of the major tourist ports servicing vessels in SE (Southern Eastern) Aegean. Its capacity stands at 255 berths, on both permanent and floating pontoons, while there are dry dock facilities for approximately 165 boats.
The nearest international airport is Heraklion (64km from Agios Nikolaos) and it is well connected with several flights per day to all Europe destinations. The Marina provides all the necessary facilities for a pleasant short or long stay for yacht passengers and a safe environment for the boats. The Marina also includes space for exhibitions and other events.
MAIN FACILITIES & SERVICES
- Berthing Capacity of 255 boats all year round
- Potable Water supply
- Electric power 220 / 380 V
- ΤWC / Showers / Laundry / Dryer
- Fuel and Oil are available 24h (via mini-tanker)
- Ramp and Travel Lift up to 65 tons
- Boat Maintenance & Sail Repairs Local agents are able to provide all the necessary facilities
- Waste bins are situated along the perimeter of the marina
- Security – The Marina of Agios Nikolaos and the pontoons are patrolled 24 hours around the clock, by guards and the Coast Guard Authorities
- Fire Precautions – To ensure the safety of the marina and the vessels, fire hoses have been installed on the piers next to the electricity and water supply. The marina has been designed to allow fire engines access to all piers.
- Communication – Internet. Free Wireless access to the Internet from the boat. A daily Fax report is available in English at the reception office at 9:00 every morning.
- Parking Places – Containers. Free parking for cars and trailers and limited space for containers.
Marina’s Website: www.marinaofagiosnikolaos.gr
When the Sitia region became a member of the UNESCO Geopark family, we had no idea just how much positive change this would bring! This new aspect of tourism “Sitia Geopark”, is proving to be a considerable point of interest, especially in the alternative tourism market. The natural environment is no longer an obstacle for tourism development, on the contrary it is a great attraction for visitors. We... read more
The nice sandy beach northern to the small port of Elounda is situated at a distance of 11 kilometers far from Aghios Nicolaos at the North, and 70 -77 kilometers eastern to the International Airport of Heraklion, via the New or the Old National road respectively. Protected by the Spinalonga peninsula, the beach is not affected by the winds. Fully organised, the beach offers a wide range of accommodation,... read more
Voulisma is the second of the three bays in the beautiful village Istron, about 12km east of Agios Nikolaos and 22km north of Ierapetra. The Voulisma Beach or Golden Sands is located approximately 500m from the village (east). Its length is about 700m and is the largest municipal beach of Kalo Chorio.Voulisma is a very well-organized beach, with rare beauty for a beach located in the Northern part... read more
THIS RANGE LIES BETWEEN HERAKLION AND LASSITHI. Its highest summit is Spathi (2.148 m) and there are two more peaks at an altitude of more than 2000m. Lassithi Plateau, the largest in Crete, lies at the heart of the range at an altitude of 850 m. It is surrounded by a series of smaller plateaus such as Katharo, Limnakaro, Mari, Lapathos, Omalos, Erganos and Nisimos. There is a mountain shelter at Limnakaro... read more
Any place in Crete is sure to fascinate visitors. The island is reputed for its amazing mosaic of landscapes – each one, however, retaining its own character, its own identity and beauty. The eastern part of Lassithi is considered to be the low-key aspect of Crete, one of peace, quiet, things being done in a relaxed way, hospitality. It is the corner of Crete with the even-tempered mountains,... read more
It lies to the North-Northeast of Kato Zakros. We arrive at the cave either after a one-hour walk from Kato Zakros or from the beach of the same settlement by engine-vessel (20-25 minutes) and after that, we follow a tiresome ascending route (15 minutes walk). The elevation at the entrance attains 105 metres. Stones consist of limestones from the upper Cretaceous and of dolomites from the Triassic... read more