A public-benefit institution subsidized by the Ministry of Culture and the National Tourism Organization under the auspices of the Municipality of Athens.
– Daily performances in the its 800-seat garden theatre, located on Philopappou Hill, opposite the Acropolis
– A company of 75 dancers, musicians and folk singers
– A collection of over 2,000 village-made costumes, with jewels and other works of folk art worn on stage.
– School providing courses, lectures and workshops on Greek dance, folk embroidery and traditional culture.
– Programs for elementary schools.
– Field research programs in Dance Ethnography, Dance History, or Sociology.
– Study group, courses and workshops on Ancient Greek dance.
– Archives of dance books, articles, field recordings, photographs, videos and films.
– Publications: over 40 LP records, 15 CDs, 15 cassettes, 7 videocassettes, 30 books on dance in Greek, English and other languages, 8 CD-ROMs, 5 DVDs.
– Costume copies and accessories made for folk dance ensembles.
– Organizer of the annual events: World Congress on Dance Research, Anapali Festival, Emmelia Festival.
– Operation of the Dance Pandect portal: www.dance-pandect.gr
– Close cooperation with the International Dance Council CID, the UNESCO official summit organization for all forms of dance in all countries of the world: www.cid-portal.org
House of the Dance, Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens
Tel. (30) 210 324 4395, 210 324 6188, 210 921 2866, 210 921 4650 ; fax (30) 210 324 6921